18 November 2019
Synthetic Nicotine vs. Tobacco Nicotine
The first thing that usually comes to mind when it comes to nicotine is tobacco, regardless of whether it is smoking, vaping, or pharmaceutical nicotine. As nicotine is obtained mainly from tobacco, this is a reasonable association and thus usually nicotine products are subject to the same regulations as tobacco products. Usually, but not always – there is a way to produce non-tobacco nicotine which is also called synthetic nicotine.
For decades, tobacco has earned its unfortunate reputation by associations with carcinogenic cigarette smoke, tar, lung and cardiovascular diseases. The case is absolutely different for e-cigarette liquids: no burning tobacco, no smoke or its health impacts. E-liquids manufactured with Chemnovatic’s tobacco nicotine contain pharmaceutical grade nicotine with purity more than 99.9%. Chemnovatic’s free base nicotine PureNic 99+ chemically distilled from tobacco leaves has gained worldwide recognition. If you would like to find out more about our pure nicotine visit our B2B platform.
What is synthetic nicotine?
Nowadays most of the e-liquids are manufactured with the use of tobacco nicotine, however, scientists can now produce pure nicotine without the use of tobacco in the laboratory environment.
Synthetic/non-tobacco nicotine is not obtained from tobacco leaves, stems, tobacco extract or post-production tobacco waste. Synthetic nicotine/tobacco-free nicotine is an artificial replica of traditional nicotine derived from tobacco, but it is manufactured using chemicals that do not contain any tobacco plants.
Biological characteristics of synthetic nicotine
Without getting too scientific, synthetic nicotine has the same molecular formula as traditional tobacco nicotine. Moreover, both types of nicotine share the same advantages. When it comes to the chemical composition of the substance, there is no difference between synthetic nicotine and nicotine derived from a plant. Essentially the both are very similar even in terms of the nicotine satisfaction level of the end-user. The only difference between them is the process during which these are manufactured and raw materials used for this process.
By definition, synthetic nicotine is manufactured with the use of such chemical substances like, among others: ethanol, niacin, sulphuric acid. Some of the advantages that synthetic nicotine has over tobacco nicotine are the result of the low quality pure nicotine that is available on the market. Comparing to Chemnovatic’s PureNic 99+, synthetic nicotine has very similar properties and quality, so the only advantages, in this case, are the result of the synthetic nature of this product. Both PureNic 99+ and tobacco-free nicotine do not contain nitrosamines that might be present during the extraction of nicotine from tobacco. Nitrosamines extracted from tobacco can still have a grain of plant, which creates unpleasant flavours and harshness. E-liquid manufacturers that use poor quality tobacco nicotine mask them with sweeteners and intensive flavours.
Benefits of Chemnovatic’s synthetic nicotine
– It is not derived from tobacco.
– It provides the same level of satisfaction as tobacco nicotine.
– It is tasteless and odorless.
– It is manufactured with the use of only certified ingredients of the highest pharmaceutical quality from reliable European suppliers.
– There are fewer restrictions on entering new markets.
– It meets USP and EP grade requirements.
– The same as all our products it undergoes strict quality procedures which are confirmed by ISO 9001:2015, HACCP and GHP/GMP standard.
– We provide our customers with full traceability of products and additionally every batch of products that leave our facility is laboratory tested on site. You may read more about our quality control and processes here.
– Regardless of whether it comes to synthetic nicotine or free-base nicotine products, it is increasingly accepted that vaping is less dangerous than traditional smoking. A recent report from the National Academies of Sciences, Engineering and Medicine stated that “substituting e-cigarettes for combustible tobacco cigarettes reduces users’ exposure to numerous toxicants and carcinogens present in combustible tobacco cigarettes”.
Test our synthetic nicotine
We have been receiving inquiries regarding synthetic nicotine from our customers. Although synthetic nicotine is not as thoroughly researched as tobacco-based nicotine, we have decided to add it to our product range. We would still recommend our highest quality PureNic 99+ tobacco-based nicotine but if you would like to know more about Synthetic Nicotine, please contact our Sales Team directly at email@example.com. You can also easily order it on our B2B platform.