Panthenol, also known as d-panthenol, or provitamin B5 is found in many cosmetics products. It has soothing, regenerating, and healing properties.
D-panthenol (Provitamin B5)
Out of stock
Properties of d-panthenol
D-panthenol, also known as provitamin B5, is an essential ingredient for the proper functioning of the skin. Thanks to fine particles, it easily penetrates deep into the skin, as well as into the hair fibers and the nail plate. It strengthens and rebuilds their structure. Due to its excellent moisturizing properties, D-panthenol is readily used as an ingredient in preparations to soothe irritation and sunburn. What are the properties of panthenol?
- has a soothing and moisturizing effect
- heals irritations and burns – supports the healing of wounds
- strengthens the lipid barrier of the epidermis, thus preventing the skin from drying out
|Identifier (CAS no.):||81-13-0|
liquid, colourless to pale yellow
|Suggested storage conditions:||Keep containers tightly closed in cool, dry and well-ventilated area.|
All our products come with a set of documents and certificates ensuring adherence to quality, safety, and legality standards. Ask our sales team at firstname.lastname@example.org for a set of documents for d-panthenol.
Use of D-panthenol
Cosmetics and cosmetology
Because of its soothing and hydrating properties, D-panthenol has a broad application in lotions, after-sun, and sunscreen creams – while sunbathing, it accelerates the formation of the brown pigment – melanin, and at the same time reduces the negative reactions of the skin to solar radiation, such as redness, itching or flaking.
It is also used in hair shampoos and conditioners – because it is similar in structure to keratin (a protein that builds hair, skin, and nails), panthenol is easily absorbed by the hair, penetrates deep into it, makes it smooth, shiny, strengthens, thickens and moisturizes, and also works against dandruff , strengthens hair bulbs and stimulates hair growth.
In hand and nail creams – panthenol smoothes and regenerates dry hand skin, makes nails strong, hard, smooth, shiny and does not split
- Healing creams, cosmetics for sensitive skin – panthenol supports the treatment and regeneration of the skin after minor dermatological procedures, it is also used in the case of dermatitis, labial herpes, blistering, skin blistering diseases with epidermis defects.
- Eye and contact lens drops – panthenol solution supports the regenerative processes of the cornea, moisturizes the eyes and protects them against such ailments as dryness, fatigue and irritation, which may occur, for example, when looking at a computer screen for a long time, exposure to the drying effects of air conditioning, contaminated pool water
- Nasal drops – often these products contain a composition of panthenol and hyaluronic acid. In this combination, they care for the damaged nasal mucosa, e.g. during a runny nose or after an allergy