4 April 2016
TPD compliant e-liquid packaging. Part 2.
In Part 1 of the “TPD compliant e-liquid packaging.” we have covered the TPD regulations regarding the e-liquid labels and packaging design. Today we shall go over the requirements for collective packaging, also known as display box, and the information on the flyer.
Remember: The following regulations are the general guidelines introduced by the EU. Member states have the right to introduce their own, stricter regulations – please make sure to acquaint yourself with regulations appropriate for your country.
Collective packaging/ Display box:
The Tobacco Products Directive requires the information to be displayed on the collective packaging to be more or less the same as shown on the individual e-liquid packaging. Collective packaging needs to accommodate the following:
- Brand name
- Ingredients listed in descending order by content
- Nicotine content
- Nicotine content in ingested dose
- Batch number
- The “Keep out of reach of children and animals.” warning
- Manufacturer information: name, address, phone number, www address.
- Health warning: “This product contains nicotine which is a highly addictive substance, it is not recommended to be sold to non-smokers.” (written in black, bold Helvetica font on white background; centered within the designated area; for cubical and collective packaging the warnings are parallel to the side edges of the individual or collective packaging. The warning text is parallel to the main text on the plane reserved for that warning. Health warning: visible on two biggest planes of the individual and collective packaging, takes up 30% of individual and collective packaging area.)
The flyer contains the instructions regarding the following:
- Usage and storage of the product, including information regarding the unsuitability for minors and non- smokers
- Warnings for risk groups
- Possible adverse effects
- Addictive properties and toxicity
- Contact details, either manufacturer’s or distributor’s and a contact person or body for the EU region.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION TO GO ON A FLYER:
E-cigarette liquid. Liquid designated for use with e-cigarettes with a CE certificate.
Composition: vegetable glycerin (CAS: 56-81-5), propylene glycol (CAS: 57-55-6), flavorings, nicotine (CAS: 54-11-5)
Keep the contents of this package in a dark, cool and dry environment, out of reach of children and animals, in a safe distance from groceries.
This product should not be used during pregnancy and the lactation period, by persons under the age of 18 or by anyone allergic to propylene glycol or glycerin, people suffering from circulatory diseases, heart diseases, diabetes or using anti- depressants or asthma medication.
Warnings for risk groups:
This product should not be used during pregnancy and the lactation period, by persons under the age of 18 or non- smokers.
Nicotine is a toxic substance when inhaled, ingested or in contact with skin. Nicotine may increase heart rate and blood pressure, cause sleepiness, nausea and stomach pains. Inhaling nicotine may reduce efficiency of respiratory system. Direct ingestion may be poisonous. This product contains nicotine which may cause birth defects or reproductive organs damage.
This product contains nicotine which is a toxic, highly addictive substance. If the product is swallowed or comes into contact with eyes or skin, flush with large amounts of water. When seeking medical advice, have the product container or label at hand.
Information not allowed:
E-liquid manufacturers are not allowed to place on the packaging any information that may indicate or suggest that the product is less harmful or offers health benefits of any kind (‘light’, ‘ultra-light’, ‘mild’, ‘natural’, ‘organic’, ‘without additives’, ‘without flavors’ or ‘contains vitamins’ etc.). This also includes any figurative, pictures or symbols placed on the bottle, label, packaging, inserts or any additional stickers etc.
The packaging (box, label, insert) should not contain discount vouchers, ‘2 for 1’ offers or any other incentives.
While safety and honest information is important, you should not sacrifice attractive design of your packaging. People buy with their eyes, that is why regardless of all the TPD regulations as well as local laws, the product should look appealing and attract potential customer’s attention. Think of various bottle and cap colors, design an attractive label and an interesting box.
Every manufacturer knows, when choosing packaging for your product one needs to account for technological aspects of the packaging, that will ensure quick and easy manufacturing process that will also reduce the cost of the finished product.
The Chemnovatic 10ml dropper for e-liquids.
CHEMNOVATIC has prepared an attractive, 100% TPD compliant solution for all of the above issues and requirements–our NEW 10ml dropper bottle.
Our 10ml Dropper cuts the assembly time by half when compared to a regular dropper bottle! Manufactured in attractive bottle and cap colors, made from pharmaceutical grade PET.
Available at https://b2b.chemnovatic.com/